December 31, 2015

Happy Holidays

For the first time in my life, I did not spend Christmas in Park City. I feel lucky to have been able to spend 26 Christmases in the town I love best, however this year has brought about a new adventure, one I am also fortunate to have. With only 10 days away from racing, it is difficult to travel home and travel back to Europe without completely messing yourself up so I elected to stay in Europe and take 10 days to rest, recover, and rejuvenate for the Tour de Ski, 8 grueling days of racing. Lucky for me, my Christmas present was the presence of my Mom and brother in Europe so I could still spend Christmas with family. We stayed in Toblach, Italy and while Europe is encountering an epically bad winter, the snow farming capabilities in Europe are exceptional and we were able to ski everyday while enjoying the crystal clear blue skies and abundant sunshine.

Mom and Char Arrive

The stadium in Toblach, the course goes over the building!

Finishing out racing in 2015

The grim situation here in Europe



Christmas ski on our little white ribbon
The views aren't bad though

In case you missed it, Simi was 2nd in the skate sprint!

Our little Christmas Tree

Christmas Decorations

Christmas Ski

The Dolomites

Good views everywhere

Checking out the skiing in Austria

Watching Megan McJames rip the World Cup Giant Slalom in Austria. Fun to see Park City girls all over the World Cup!

The Cross Country World Cup doesn't miss a beat and we will be back in Action on January 1 for the first stage of the Tour de Ski. The tour moves fast so I will not be able to blog until the end of it, but I will do my best to post updates on my Athlete Page.  Wish me luck! Happy New Year!