October 27, 2009

Mommy and Time Trials

My mom came to visit me on Saturday, which was great as I was getting quite lonely living alone! Sunday we woke up to well below freezing temperatures so we waited until the afternoon to go adventuring. We checked out some new mountain biking trails in Hailey hoping that being in the south valley would provide some more warmth and sun. It sure did! We had a great ride, although we rode a completely different trail than we thought we did so I still have some exploring to do out there. I only got scared and walked once and managed to not fall so my first ride after my big crash was a success! My knee actually felt pretty good the whole ride. Sunday night, my mom made me some delicious salmon which is something I don't usually splurge for on my own so that was wonderful! Monday was a bit stormy although no precipitation fell, just some threatening clouds. We climbed Baldy, which is the main mountain in Ketchum and the one that the ski area is located on. The elk made an appearance for Mom on Monday which was nice and then we back up to Ketchum for a good sushi dinner, something else I don't eat much on my own. This morning it was supposed to be a big snow storm but the storm seemed to just nip us over the night and headed south so I awoke to beautiful crystal clear skies and as I drove up valley for training this morning there was a nice dusting of snow on the roads and all mountains. We did an uphill time trial this morning. the trail had snow on it the whole way but the snow is so nice and dry it was not slippery at all so we were able to give a good full effort up the hill. I had a great run and am now the second fastest girl to ever run up this hill! This was especially great news for me since I am just coming off a fairly serious injury. I now am sure that I am back on track and ready for a great winter!!! Only 1 month until my first race.....

Mom and I at the top of Baldy

Mom just reaching the top

The valley from up high. Ketchum is the town down there.

Some natural snow on the runs and some man made snow from what appeared to be a good test for the snow guns.

sorry no pics of the bike ride of the TT. Also, you can click any picture to make it bigger if you want a close up.

No comments:

Post a Comment