January 8, 2010

the end

The last day of racing commenced today, a classic sprint. This race did not count for making U23/Junior World Championships so the pressure was off for a lot of the young-ins. Classic sprinting has been my forte in the past but today, I was just not quite there. My legs were really sore and tired from the grueling 20k so I was not the quickest off the line. I was relying on a strong double pole and fast skis. Those two things were good enough in my quarterfinal, but failed me in the semi final so I was relegated to the B final. I skied alright in the B final and ended the day with another 9th place. All in all it was an alright day but I was hoping for a little more coming into this week. My teammate Ida, busted out something special and ended the day in 3rd making us all proud! Dartmouth actually had a great day as a whole which was encouraging for the rest of the season! Everyone is headed back east tonight, except me....I am staying for an event called Fast and Female, an organization created by some Canadian skiers whose mission is to promote skiing and healthy, athletic lifestyles in girls. Then, I will finally be headed back to school tomorrow night. From there it is a total scramble with classes, possibly a carnival race and preparation for U23s. I will do my best to stay updated, but school will be hectic next week...