September 30, 2012

Check that off the list

Well this week I finally caught the terrible cold that has been going around our team. I am pretty proud of myself though because my housemates have been sick for the last month and I held it off for almost the entire 5 week interval training block we were in....almost. I missed the last 3 intensity sessions of the block, but all in all, I still was able to get some good training in, I guess my body just couldn't take it anymore, so be it. Honestly, as the rain continued to fall and the air grew colder every day, I was quite content curled up in bed. However, I woke up yesterday, pulled up my shade and saw this:

I didn't think much of it, but our coach sent us an email suggesting we try skiing up higher in the mountains. So Sadie and did just that and found a little bit of snow, although a bit scratchy it was beautiful and sunny out and that feeling good feeling of gliding on the snow came back. With that, I have now officially skied every month of the year!!!!!! 
Check it out:
October 27th, 2011 Skiing in Hatcher's Pass, AK
November 30th, 2011 Enjoying a beautiful ski in West Yellowstone, MT



December 15th, 2011 Sprint Racing in Silver Star, Alberta

January 4th, 2012 Sprint at US Nationals Rumford, ME
February 3rd, 2012 Enjoying some new snow in Sun Valley, ID
February 9th, More new snow in Aspen, CO
March 25th, 2012 Racing in Toblach, Italy
April 15th, 2012 Sunshine in Truckee, CA
Just so you know we were actually skiing! Truckee, CA

May 4th,  2012  Alaskan Crust Skiing!
May 28th,  2012 Interval Training Bend, OR

June 28th, 2012 More Intervals Eagle Glacier, AK
July 26th, 2012 A glorious day on Eagle Glacier, AK

August 17th, 2012  I couldn't find a picture of me, but I promise I skied on these tracks! Eagle Glacier, AK

September 29th, 2012 First tracks of the winter Glen Alps, Anchorage, AK