October 11, 2012

NNF

The National Nordic Foundation (click to go to their website) has gone through many changes and phases throughout the years I have been a ski racer, but most recently, Park City local Dave Knoop, took on the exhausting project of reinventing the foundation and making it something incredibly powerful and valuable to all nordic skiers in the United States today.


The NNF subsidizes unfunded and underfunded training camps and competition trips attended by qualified athletes that are identified to be the next generation of athletes to represent the US on the world stage.

  • North American Training Camps
  • International Training Competitions/Camps
  • Scandinavian Cup Competitions
  • Continental Cup Competitions
  • World Junior/U23 Championships
  • World Championships
  • World Cup Competitions
I have been a many time recipient of NNF funds. Last year, they helped me pay for my trip to Europe to race in OPA Cup races. These races are the next tier down from the World Cup and are vital for developing athletes to get the necessary experience traveling and racing in Europe before being thrown into the big leagues. I learned a great deal while abroad and was able to pull together at least one  good result, placing 5th in a 15k classic mass start race in Rogla, Slovenia. I hope to have the opportunity to continue to have experiences like this and continue to grow, hopefully making it to World Championships and beyond, but I can't do it without your help and the help of NNF. 

We have decided to follow the fundraising path of the Democratic party. We are asking all our many supporters, fans, and  people who care to donate just $25.00 rather than rely a few very successful people for all our funds. We want everyone to be involved in the progress and success of American Nordic ski racers and wish to grow the nordic community throughout this country.

Please follow this link: https://www.grouprev.com/rosie  to donate to the NNF under my name. I am incredibly grateful for all the support I have received over the years and I hope to continue to find support for myself and for the many other young skiers out there striving to become the best. 
Racing in Toblach, Italy OPA Finals last winter, a trip funded by the NNF