1. Make sure you have a team and team training sessions. Misery loves company
|My teammates cruising up the mountains. (Courtesy of Rob Whitney)|
2. Go into the mountains. The mountains are still awesome even when its rainy.
3. Bake a lot. Nothing is better than yummy baked goods after a wet and cold training session
|Don't mind my dorky pose, but check out that cake!|
4. Act fast and be spontaneous for those rare afternoons it's not raining
|Even mountain bike up the pass.|
|Sadzarue and I at the top. I made it with only 4 functional gears too!|
5. Catch up on your favorite TV shows...while training.
|Sometimes it's just too miserable to go outside AGAIN.|
|My boots have been wet for weeks and they smell so bad. I am counting the days til I get new ones so I can incinerate them.|
7. Watch a bulldozer destroy your front lawn (or lack their of) and feel better because you aren't the only one who has to be in the rain.
|There were some electrical issues on campus so they had to do immediate construction. I now have 2 closed roads just to get out of the school.|
8. Find your inner chef
|We auctioned off a dinner made by the APU Women in the spring and fullfilled our commitment this week. We spent the week finding menus, trying out recipes, and gathering local ingredients.|
9. LAUGH LAUGH LAUGH
|We did some tandem biking along the beach.|
|Enjoying the beach|
|Trying to ride in front...|
|Watching the barge leave and a plane arrive, just as the skies let loose.|
10. When the sun does finally return, enjoy every second of it you can.
|Watching the fog give way to the sun on our 4+ hour bike adventure around all of Anchorage, in the SUN!|
Thanks Sadie for 90% of my pictures and keeping me company in the rain!